So, I’ve amassed quite a few books over the last few weeks that all seem to be green..? I swear it wasn’t planned, BUT now I’m thinking the universe is trying to tell me something, I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT. Like maybe I’m going to win $1,000,000,000 next week?! I’ll keep you all updated if that happens, until then let me tell you about my most recent book haul
- Red Sister by Mark Lawrence- I bought this because Piera raved about it in a few of her videos as being similiarly awesome to Nevernight and I just love assassin stories!
- Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman- The aesthetic of this book speaks for itself.. but I was interested in reading this take on revenge and family secrets!
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling- UM ITS THE SPECIAL EDITION SLYTHERIN EDITION. OF COURSE I NEEDED IT
- Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia- ok, I’ve heard SO MANY AMAZING reviews about this book in the past few weeks. I saw it at a discount book store (it’s new, like how is that possible??) and needed to buy it! There’s so much hype surrounding it and I’m hoping to read it very soon!
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee- I’ve also seen a TON of hype surrounding this coming of age tale about a young gentleman and his grand tour of europe! I’m looking for a light, fun historical fiction read to break up all the fantasy books I’ve been reading and this may be the perfect book! I also want to get to reading this within the next few weeks!!
I’ve already read Every Heart a Doorway and absolutely loved it! I thought it was the perfect read for getting over a book slump/book hangover and I flew through it! Down Among the Sticks and Bones is a standalone novel about two of the characters in EHAD and I’m super excited to read about the mythical world they traveled to!
I have some exciting things planned for the next few weeks, including a SUPER FUN AND MAGICAL READING QUEST. Yes, you heard me. A reading quest! More information and the introduction blog post will be going up soon! Stay tuned for a new currently obsessed post because i have some big life news too!
Have you read any of the books in my haul? If so, which were your favorites? Let me know!